- To manage, coordinate and organize the administrative processes and procedures to ensure efficient and profitable bodyshop operations.
- To provide organization, unity and systematization between each of the other departments.
- Minimum five years bookkeeping experience
- Bookkeeping experience should be full-charge through
- Experience preparing financial statements
- Well developed organizational skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency – spreadsheets, word processing
- 10-key proficiency
- Ethics and confidentiality
With the complexities of operating a modern auto body shop in today’s market, the administrative process has become more demanding than ever. It is wise to give serious consideration to staffing the position of office manager with an experienced expert. Firsthand knowledge and experience in all levels of system administration, including finance, accounting, information systems and government reporting are extremely important to the success of the company. In contrast, staffing the position of office manager with an entry level person may seem more economical, but in time it is often reveled that the added time and expense of training an apprentice can easily exceed the cost of hiring an expert in the first place.
- Prepare all financial reports – daily posting, sales, cash receipts, deposits, vendor invoices, overhead items, and write checks.
- Collect accounts receivable
- Accounts payable – verify vendor statements, pay bills on timely basis
- Supervise CSR’s
- Supervise CSM’s
- Supervise filing procedures to keep sensitive documentation confidential
- Maintain and service office equipment (Manuals/Warranty)
- Maintain complete and organized system of recording the inventory of all shop fixtures, furnishings, and equipment
- Maintain a complete and efficient inventory of office supplies
- Maintain files – equipment, maintenance, customer, A/R, A/P, human resources
- Track return parts for credit
- Final audit of Repair Orders
- Send final bills to appropriate entity
- Handle proper disposition of closed paperwork
- Open Mail
- H/R files – Attendance logs, administer employee benefits
- Maintain Workers Compensation insurance administration
- Monitor and manage the work and performance of staff under your supervision
- Management reports
- Monitor and maintain petty cash
- Track customer referrals